In a somewhat surprising move, the upcoming Microsoft video upload site, codenamed Warhol, currently running under the "final" name Soapbox, will be not fall under the Windows Live brand.
Although the site is still in internal beta at http://soapbox.msn.com, here's a few of the current features:
– Upload videos in almost any format—like from your video or digital camera (maximum file size is currently 100MB)
– Tag and categorize your videos to make it easy for other people to find them
– Watch original videos and browse for new ones at the same time
– Set up your own personal RSS feeds for videos you’re interested in
– Use your Windows Live Spaces profile with Soapbox on MSN Video
– Embed a video on your Web site or blog
All being well, we're expecting Soapbox to move into public beta in the next few weeks, though how succesful it will be compared to the likes of YouTube remains to be seen.
Here's a screenshot (apologies for the small size) of the current Soapbox homepage.