Mike Miles of the WiFi Team announces on the Un-Wired blog that the latest beta release of WiFi Center, the WiFi connection and security manager, is up on Connect.
Improvements to the beta include (from the blog entry):
- Support for Vista (whew, just in time… Vista will be publically available in January)
- Performance improvements
- Reduced the amount of time it takes to first load the application
- Reduced CPU usage
- Quality Improvements.
- Ability to install on non EN-US operating systems.
- Several Connectivity and Managing Network issues resolved.
- Resolved some timer issues and fixed the Last Connected Time in Connection History.
- No more Splash screen. Since the load time is faster it was no longer necessary.