The latest incremental version WL Messenger is set to be released as soon as January 25th, according to a post on Windows X’s Shrine. Whether or not it meets that actual date, the new version should be out to the public very soon. Picturepan2 lists the features and improvements of the new version:
• Redesigned, smarter contact cards give you more data about and easier access to your friends
• Your display name, status and personalization roam with you to any computer
• Try PC-to-phone calling with two free calls to virtually any phone in the world*
• Better server performance
• Improvements to automatic updates
• Improved sign-in performance
BTW speaking of Messenger, Wendy “the Mighty” posted an interesting plea for opting in to the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), saying that the information is very useful to Microsoft in tracking down problems, and that very few users actually opt in.