Aug 9, 2007 1:05 am by Chris | 11 comments
Today sees the somewhat expected renaming of Windows Live Folders to its final name, Windows Live Skydrive. There is also a significant update to the service, extending the basic functionality that was criticised somewhat at the start of the initial beta. New features include:
- Drag and drop file upload, making it easy to upload multiple files. Previously you were limited to manually selecting 5 files at a time, which made uploading a time consuming process.
- Navigational controls to move quickly beween files
- A “recently viewed” section showing other users’ Skydrive folders you have browsed
- Thumbnails view, already announced by the Skydrive team a few weeks ago.
- The new Windows Live Wave 2 UI
- The ability to embed files in a blog post or web page, allowing users to download them from your Skydrive.
The update is now out, check it out at http://skydrive.live.com/ and let us know what you think. Apologies if you can’t access it yet, you can view the changes over at my public folder. Good news for those in the UK and Indian, you can now user the service :)
Scott goes through the new features in more detail in a separate post.
PS: There is a new team blog.