The Live Mesh Team just announced their next update, available later today, on their forum:
The Live Mesh team is pleased to announce the release of our next update, available later today. We are making Live Mesh available to more people and we’ve greatly streamlined the sign-up process. We’ve also made a number of general performance improvements. See below for the details, and thank you for using Live Mesh.
Live Mesh software: 0.9.3103.9
Live Desktop: 0.9.3103.9
- Raised the limit on the total number of customers we’ll allow to access the Live Mesh Tech Preview.
- Expanded availability: you can sign up directly, with no waiting list, if your country/region is the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Removed the limit on the number of Live Mesh invitations you have. Invite friends and family members to the Live Mesh Tech Preview.
- For our customers in countries/regions other than those above, we’ve greatly simplified the waiting list process. You no longer need to sign up through Microsoft Connect. You can sign in with you Windows Live ID on http://www.mesh.com/, click Sign Up, and you’ll automatically be notified once Live Mesh is available in your country/region.
- Improved the performance of peer-to-peer synchronization.
- General performance improvements.
Unlimited invites, wow! Now you can really invite all your friends and family members! To do so open a folder you’ve added to Live Mesh, click Members in the mesh bar, then click Add. You can enter any e-mail address to invite, it doesn’t have to be a Windows Live ID. However, to use Live Mesh a Windows Live ID will be necessary.
Like with any Live Mesh update, if you initially installed Live Mesh with UAC enabled you may have to turn it on again to install this update. If you would like to permanently remove the UAC requirement follow the steps, given by the team, below:
1. Turn User Account Control on.
2. Remove the device from your mesh:
1. Go to your Devices page, then click the device you want to remove.
2. Click the Options menu next to the device’s name, then click Remove device from Live Mesh.
3. Uninstall Live Mesh:
1. On the taskbar, click Start, then click Control Panel.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Double-click Live Mesh.
4. Click Yes.
4. Turn User Account Control off.
5. Re-add the device:
1. Go to your Devices page, click Add Device, then click Install.
2. Follow the instructions to download and install the Live Mesh software.
3. Once installation is complete, you’ll be asked to sign in again using your Windows Live ID.
4. In the Add Device dialog box, type a personalized name for your device (or use the default name, which is your computer name).
5. Click Add Device.
6. Synchronize your folders with your device again.