Live Mesh’es next update will air later today. No, it’s not available yet, I’ll update this post once it is ;) Its available now. Right click the Live Mesh icon and select Update Live Mesh
As always the software will update itself within 24 hours after release of the new build, or if you don’t want to wait you can force an update by right clicking the Notifier icon in systray and choose “Update Live Mesh”. There are a number of reliability and performance improvements:
- Increased the reliability of Live Mesh folder behavior in Windows Explorer.
- Fixed a problem with the ‘Save As’ dialog in Internet Explorer when downloading video files from the Live Desktop.
- Enabled syncing of files greater than 2GB in size.
- Greatly increased the speed of P2P synchronization.
- Implemented a number of reliability fixes for backend services.
- And, of course, a bunch of additional general performance improvements.
After updating the build number of both the software and the Live desktop will be 0.9.3103.13.
Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC) reminder
While we no longer require that UAC be enabled when running Live Mesh on Vista SP1, if you initially installed Live Mesh with UAC enabled, and then disabled it, you might have some issues upgrading. Please see the “NOTICE: Updating Live Mesh and User Account Control (UAC)” Announcement on the Live Mesh forums for further information.
And as always, thank you for all the great feedback!
The Live Mesh team