A day late on this one, but congratulations anyway to the Microsoft Research Translation Team for making the transition from a third party translation technology to going “in-house”. From the MSR-MT blog:
- Translation now fully powered by the Microsoft Translator technology is available through Live Search, as well as IE8, the Windows Live Toolbar, and Windows Live Messenger.
- All translation pairs on the site (11 English-X, 12 X-English) are powered by Microsoft Research-developed systems.
- Two transliteration pairs (chs<->cht), courtesy of the Windows International team.
- For several languages, better language quality.
- And finally, the release of TBot, a translation bot for Windows Live Messenger.
We have a link to Windows Live Translator here on our site – just click the appropriate flag in LiveSide Central (and yes we’re looking for a teeny little Brazilian flag – no offense intended!). Has Microsoft’s machine translation improved? If you use it (and from our analytics we know that some of you do), let us know what you think.