In our previous article about Windows Mobile Marketplace, we reported that developers outside of the US had problems signing up. Today we can tell you that, at this point, registration is open to English language markets (en-*) in the following countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and India. Registration in other markets will be enabled over the next few months.
Developers with an existing billing relationship are asked to go through these steps to ensure all the information in their commerce profile is correct:
1. Go to http://billing.microsoft.com
2. Sign in with your Live ID that is associated with your credit card information
3. Under "Billing account overview", click on hyperlink "Go to personal information"
4. In the next page, under "Your personal information" make sure every item is correctly filled and is accurate. If there is any piece of information that’s missing or is inaccurate, please click on "Edit personal Information", add/modify the missing piece (including phone number) and save.
5. Try to sign up for Windows Marketplace for Mobile again.
In this Tech Ed Online video about Windows Mobile Application Development, John Bruno chats a bit about the Marketplace registration launch and the subsequent phases. He also mentions that submission of applications is scheduled for later this summer.