Yesterday’s Microsoft Press Conference at E3 included a lot of news on Xbox, including some news about Zune video streaming, but did Amazon.com just make a little announcement of their own? In a listing for the upcoming Zune HD, Amazon lists “access to millions of videos, TV shows, and games from Xbox LIVE720p HD video” in their product features list, something we’re not sure we’ve heard before (emphasis ours). Here’s the full features list:
- Bright 3.3-inch OLED touch screen with (480 x 272 resolution) 16:9 widescreen format display
- Integration with the Xbox LIVE network gives you access to millions of videos, TV shows, and games from Xbox LIVE720p HD video output to your HDTV with optional docking station
- 720p HD video output to your HDTV with optional docking station
- Full-screen Internet browser with multitouch functionality
- Built-in HD Radio receiver; Wi-Fi enabled so you can instantly stream millions of music tracks from the Zune music store
As part of their announcements yesterday, Microsoft said that Zune video in 1080p HD would be available for Xbox Live subscribers starting this fall:
Starting this fall, a broad selection of movies and TV shows from Zune video on Xbox 360 will be available to start and stream instantly, in the highest video quality and at the push of a button.2 No discs, no waiting for downloads and no delays. Get the selection of a video megastore, the best video clarity available and the convenience of on-demand, only on Xbox 360.