Mar 13, 2010 4:46 pm by Sunshine | 8 comments
We’ve just released an update to the Twitter Maps application in the Bing Maps Application Gallery. NOW, you can embed our Twitter Maps functionality into your own web site. This means you can be cool by having a Bing Map on your web site, blog, favorite social networking site with the Tweets you care about. And, WOW, it’s super easy.
Easy eh, let’s give it a go!
1. First off we go to Bing maps and get to the location we want. With MIX10 coming up, let’s go for Las Vegas!
2. Next we load the twitter map app: click Map Apps, then on the Twitter Map App
3. We will want tweets from MIX to turn up so in the search filter we put “MIX” (without quotes)
4. Alright, now it’s time to get the embed code. Click Embed in your site on the bottom left.
5. Next we can set the map location (Fixed or Anywhere) and the dimensions (height and width).
We’ll leave it on the defaults for now.
6. The embed code (under point 4) is produced, which we can copy and paste (Ctrl c, Ctrl v) into our site:
There, all done. Now you can follow tweets coming from MIX10 right here! It was easy indeed!
Thanks team for this update, lovin’ it!
Edit: I wonder why there are no tweets showing up in the embed code right now, whilst there are on Bing maps with the app and in the preview!
Would it be the Fixed code? Trying Anywhere below (with refined search filter to MIX10).
Apparently it is! Team, you got some fixing to do! Edit: fixed!