Have you been developing Windows Phone 7 apps/games yet? Or don’t you know where to start? Charlie Kindel wrote up a nice summary post to help you out.
Your first stop should be MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network for those of you new to the MS world), where we have the bulk of Windows Phone Developer documentation. There’s all sorts of great stuff here, including:
- Code Samples for Windows Phone
- An Application Platform Overview for Windows Phone that covers how all the pieces fit together
- A Getting Started Guide for Developing for Windows Phone that includes everything you need to create your first Silverlight or XNA Framework application
- A Programming Guide for Windows Phone with overviews of features and how to guides with code snippets
- The Class Library Reference for Windows Phone
Other important documentation links include Developing Windows Phone Games and Silverlight for Windows Phone as a part of the XNA Game Studio 4.0 and Silverlight 4 RC documentation sets, respectively.
Lastly, if you have feedback about our documentation, join the discussion in the Windows Phone forums or use the ratings control in the upper right-hand side of the pages on MSDN.
The documentation was written for the CTP and will be expanded as the final release of the Windows Phone Developer Tools gets closer.