Now the Windows Phone 7 SDK went RTM, the Windows Phone Training Kit for developers also got updated to the RTM version of the tools.
Due to the size of the Training Kit, and to make it easier for you to focus on your desired technology, you have a few options to choose from. You can download a local copy of any or all of these Kit modules:
- Complete Windows Phone Training Kit for Developers that includes both Silverlight and XNA Framework labs
- Windows Phone Training Kit for Silverlight Developers that includes only the Silverlight labs
- Windows Phone Training Kit for XNA Framework Developers that includes only the XNA Framework labs
Or check out the online version on Channel 9.
This release of the Windows Phone Training Kit for Developers includes all the labs from the previous Beta release (updated to the RTM tools) and all the Windows Phone session recordings from TechEd North America. With five new labs, the Kit now has a total of 12 labs:
- Hello Phone
- Building Your First Windows Phone Application
- Windows Phone Navigation and Controls
- Using Push Notifications
- Launchers and Choosers
- Application Lifecycle
- Using Bing Maps – NEW
- Using Pivot and Panorama Controls – NEW
XNA Framework Labs:
- Game Development with XNA Framework
- Catapult Wars Lab – A 2D Physics Game – NEW
- Using Choosers and Handling Tombstone in XNA Framework Games – NEW
- 3D Game Development with XNA Framework – NEW
More information can be found on the Windows Phone developer Blog.