Sep 30, 2010 3:06 am by Sunshine | Add comment
There are now over 30 million customers in 74 different countries around the world enjoying the trusted security and quiet protection that Microsoft Security Essentials provides.
Some highlights from the past year:
- According to the Microsoft Malware Protection Center (MMPC), in addition to providing a no-cost security solution to tens of millions of customers that may not have been actively protected before, Microsoft Security Essentials detected nearly 400 million threats over the past year, with customers choosing to remove more than 366 million of those threats. For more information about the specific threat breakdown, please visit the MMPC Blog.
- Originally introduced in 8 languages and 19 countries around the world, Microsoft Security Essentials is currently available and supported in 25 languages and 74 countries globally.
- Microsoft Security Essentials is certified by two of the industry’s leading independent certification authorities: International Computer Security Association Labs (ICSA) and West Coast Labs. It also received the most recent VB100 Award and as well as certification from AV-Test.
- Beginning in October Microsoft Security Essentials will be made available to small businesses on up to 10 PCs for free.
- Microsoft Security Essentials was made available for online partner distribution, as a pre-install on OEM PCs and for distribution by publications as covermount software.
- Microsoft Security Essentials received the PC Advisor Awards 2010 – Best Free Software award and is rated by Consumer Reports as a “Best Buy”.
Congrats Microsoft Security Essentials!