The Facebook for Windows Phone app only just received an overhaul back in February, and today over at the official Facebook for Windows Phone page the team responsible for developing the app had shared a post revealing what’s coming in the next update – version 2.5. The team mentioned that the new features and improvements are based on customer’s feedbacks on Facebook, email, and reviews in the Windows Phone marketplace. Below is a list of what’s coming in this update:
- Threaded messaging – Full Facebook threaded messaging including group messaging, all in a beautiful Metro style design.
- Tagging – Now you can tag friends and locations in your posts in the ‘with’ and ‘at’ format.
- Delete posts and comments – Use the tap and hold context menu to delete posts and comments from your wall.
- Active links in posts – Tap on links in posts to go directly to the content.
- Updates to the photo comments and likes page – The photo comments and likes page has been updated to match the posts comments and likes page. You can see a hint of the image at the top of the page, pull down and you can see the whole thing.
- Ability to ‘Like’ comments – And finally, by popular demand…you can now ‘like’ comments!
The app is currently going through final stages of testing and submission, and the team expects to see the app available on the Windows Phone marketplace very soon. Stay tuned and we’ll let you know as soon as the app becomes available!