If you’re using SkyDrive on an iOS device, there’s good news for you as Microsoft announced today in a blog post on the Inside SkyDrive blog that SkyDrive for iOS has hit version 3.0. The new version, which is available now from iTunes, provides better photo handling, some bug fixes, and performance enhancements. Here’s a list of the features, from the blog post:
- Support for iPhone 5 and iPad Mini
- Updated app icons and user experience
- Works better with your photos:
- Download full resolution photos to your iPhone or iPad
- Control the size of photos you upload and download
- Photo metadata is retained when you upload to SkyDrive
- Opening and saving files to SkyDrive works better with other apps on your iOS devices
- Many other small changes, bug fixes and performance improvements
Looks like it’s taking some time for iTunes to get updated, but this just in from the @SkyDrive Twitter account, SkyDrive for iOS v3 is a worldwide update, perhaps we’ve moved beyond a totally US-centric Microsoft? Let’s hope so:
@sbisson The update is worldwide. It might just take a few minutes for it to be live in the App Store. Thanks for your patience!
— SkyDrive (@SkyDrive) April 3, 2013
Thanks for asking the question, Simon!