Another Skype update (is this becoming a thing? regular updates from a Microsoft product?) for Windows Phone just hit the Windows Phone Store, this one coming hot on the heels of last month’s update, which brought back People Hub integration. Today’s upgrade pushes Skype for Windows Phone 8 to version 126.96.36.199 and offering “general fixes and stability improvements”, according to the app’s page.
The page offers a list of features, all of them already available, but just to recap:
- Call friends and family with free Skype to Skype voice calls over 3G* or WiFi and enjoy low cost calls to mobiles and landlines around the world.
- Make free video calls to anyone else on Skype with high definition video on supported devices.
- Send instant messages to friends on Skype, as well as friends on Messenger if you sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Stay in touch even when the app is closed, with call and message notifications.
- See all your Skype contacts in the People Hub**.
- Use more than one Skype account? Switch accounts when you’re out and on the go.
* Operator data charges may apply.
** Available on Windows Phone version 8.0.10211.204 and above
Are you a regular Skype for Windows Phone 8 user? You can download the latest version of Skype for Windows Phone 8 from the Windows Phone Store, or check your app updates from your phone. Notice any improvements / bug fixes? Let us know in the comments.
Update: here’s the Skype Garage blog post with a changelog.