Wow don’t really know what to say about this. Omar Shahine, a Lead Program Manager for Hotmail, who we’ve interviewed and had numerous conversations with about Hotmail, has apparently had his email account hijacked. Omar posted this tonight:
What do you do when some one:
- hacks into your account
- changes your password
- changes your secret question
- changes your "alternate email address"
- changes all your profile information
- sets up mail forwarding to another account
- Turn on the exclusive junk filter (deleting all your email)
- Deletes your life (email, contacts etc)
That is what I found this evening. I believe that some one managed to issue a password reset command to my account and then somehow logged in and reset my password essentially owning my data.
Don’t really know what to say about this one, other than "sorry, Omar". Ouch.