Microsoft has finalized the list of categories of apps it will offer on its Windows Phone Marketplace. App categories organize applications so that users can more easily find what they are looking for.
For Windows Phone 7, there will be 16 categories and 25 sub-categories:
- Books & Reference: eReader, Fiction, Non-fiction, Reference
- Games: Action & Adventure, Board & Classic, Card & Casino, Family, Music, Puzzle & Trivia, Shooter, Sports & Racing, Strategy, Xbox Companion
- Health & Fitness: Diet & Nutrition, Fitness, Health
- Lifestyle: Community, Food & Dining, Out & About, Shopping
- Music & Video
- News & Weather
- Travel: City Guides, Language, Planning, Travel Tools
When you submit your app to Marketplace you can choose from one of those categories. Apps can only be placed in one category.
(via Windows Phone Secrets)