Starting today, Office Web Apps become available in 150 new countries including India, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand and more. So people in these countries can use Office Web Apps to view, edit and share Office documents on Windows Live SkyDrive and Hotmail.
Office Web Apps team also announced that 30 million strong Office Web Apps will come to all remaining global markets in Central and South America next month.
Here is a brief history of OWA worldwide availability:
- June 7, 2010: The Office Web Apps launched in the U.S., Canada, UK, and Ireland.
- September 23, 2010: added Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Russia, and Switzerland.
- December 6, 2010: added China, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong SAR, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, and Turkey.
- February 3, 2011: added more than 150 additional countries released (including India, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, and Thailand).
- March, 2011: The Office Web Apps will become available worldwide with roll-out to all remaining markets in Central and South America, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela.
And there’s a list of major milestones that Office Web Apps reached in 2010.